Kobe steak can be cooked in the same manner as a regular steak and is especially good on the grill, but you’ll want to prepare it medium-rare at most. Over cooking the meat will change its tender texture and take away unique flavour taht Kobe-style beef is prized for.
Follow these easy steps and you’ll get the best steak you ever had!
- Take the steaks out of the fridge about 30 minutes before you start cooking them and let them come down to room temperature;
- Pepper the meat only before cooking and add salt after cooking;
- Kobe steak should not be seared quite as hot as other meat. The meat is very delicate and the fat melts very quickly, it does not respond well to searing at extreme temperature. Heat your pan or grill to a moderate heat;
- Put a little oil on your steaks;
- Grill the meat on both sides to a good color and then take them off the direct heat;
- Let the heat now slowly get into the meat;
- All this is done in 4 to 5 minutes;
- Cook your steaks rare to medium rare;
- Let the steaks rest for a few minutes before serving;